The Truth About Probate
Some attorneys put out messages warning you about probate, using the fear of extra time and expense to convince you of the need for their services. At Bassett Law Office, P.C., we pride ourselves on helping people by giving them honest, straightforward estate planning advice.
Most people are scared of a long, drawn out process should someone’s estate go through probate, which is the legal process of settling financial matters and distributing assets after individual’s death. The truth is, probate in Madison County and other parts of southern Illinois is nothing to be afraid of or cause for concern.
- It’s a straightforward process that gives administrators or executors of wills peace of mind.
- It cuts off all creditors claims after a six-month period.
- When you seek the assistance of Bassett Law Office, most probate matters do not require you to appear in court. We can appear on your behalf.
Here’s How We Can Help With Probate Administration
If a loved one has recently passed away, we can assist you and your family in administering the estate. We handle every part of the probate process, including:
- Accounting for and liquidating assets
- Meeting tax obligations
- Managing outstanding debts
We can analyze wills for any potential legal problems to determine if a probate attorney is necessary in your case.
Serving as administrator or executor is very scary to a lot of people. But we can help simplify the process. We work with the administrator and handle all matters for them, making the responsibility placed on your shoulders worry-free.
Seeking Our Assistance Will Save You Time
Another way to get in touch to fill out our online contact form.